Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Monday, October 27, 2014


From awful to sweet

14 July 2014

This week was pretty sweet!  The first half of the week was pretty awful.  So I guess to start off the week on Tuesday it was pretty much storming the entire day like really dumping so it made it like almost impossible to do stuff.  We did however successfully go to all the businesses in Eden and North Collins and give them pageant flyers to hang up.  My bag broke so I had to sew it up and I had to figure out exactly how to sew but eventually I figured it out so now I can say I can sew.  Hopefully the job will hold up.  We went to brother Heath Garlow's house (he's the guy who's representing us in the court case ordeal) and we were talking with him.  The case has been postponed a few weeks because Brother Garlow wanted to talk more with my companion at the time who is now in Lockport which is like an hour and half away.   And then Wednesday was a full day of service AGAIN and as much as I love burning things and stuff it get's pretty tiring when it's all day and when it's for that long.  It gets a little away from your purpose as a missionary.  But anyways I'm an expert at burning wet wood now!  Thursday was when things finally started getting way better.   We went with a member of the ward for the day to go see random people I have plugged into my GPS and we had some really good visits with people.  Also on Saturday we were able to make contact with a lot of people as well!  On Friday I got to go to the pageant.  It was pretty much the same as last year except for a couple of scenes were moved to different parts of the stage.   Pageant is awesome and the best part about pageant is the referrals that come afterwards!  So hopefully the flyer hanging will amount to something!  Sunday we were also able to make some good visits with people so this next week we should be pretty busy with things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment