Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Tuesday, October 28, 2014


29 September 2014

This week was interesting for sure!  So I guess to start off the week we saw a few people in Angola again on Tuesday.  One person we were seeing her husband had some kind of weird chest pains and they called the ER while we were there and they came and took him away.  He is okay now but yea it was kind of nuts to be there while that happened.  The sister missionaries came into the other Elders area (Gowanda) and so now the district is us, them and a senior couple so the dynamics have changed a lot.   We gave them a couple of people to work in our area and we got a few from their area that would work better for both of us respectively. Thursday was pretty crazy.  I had a district leader training meeting to attend to but the zone leaders and the assistants pretty much asked me to pick up all the district leaders in the zone on the way to the meeting which was in Amherst.  So that ended up taking two hours of driving to get there and two hours to get back and then I had to wing a district meeting cause I had no time to prepare it but it went pretty well.  Friday we spent pretty much the whole day helping a couple of families move.  It was pretty nuts.  One thing I learned is that if someone asks for your help moving make sure before you say yes that you ask them to have all their stuff ready to move in boxes as it takes far longer if they haven't spent time packing.  

Saturday the church had the corn harvest which was pretty well attended by some people in the community.  I was busy pulling off ears of corn and then stamping on the stalk to beat it into the ground so that people wouldn't waste their time looking for corn on an empty stalk.  I didn't realize that after a while those ears of corn can cut your hand pretty badly if you aren't careful.  I got a couple of nicks on my hands.   




And then yesterday there was a stake missionary fireside that a few people from the branch gave talks for and it went pretty well I think.  The weather here as been awesome these past couple of weeks with it being really warm and sunny and the leaves are starting to change colours.  This next week will be pretty awesome.  I'm excited for general conference!  It should be pretty awesome like always!  


"When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.  
Then sings my soul my savior God to thee
How great thou art!
How great thou art!"

No comments:

Post a Comment