Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Saturday, October 25, 2014


3 February 2014

This week went pretty decent except for the part of me getting sick again.  It seems like I've gotten sick a lot this winter but oh well it's almost over!  Anyways I started coming down with sickness on Tuesday but on Thursday it hit its climax while I was doing district meeting and it was terrible.  It was a really nasty cold with sneezing and coughing and just pain and aching all over but it's all good.  The unfortunate part though was that I couldn't really rest very much at all because we had so much stuff still going on. 

But that's okay.  We still had some good stuff happen this week.  The other Elders in the district had 3 people get baptized which was pretty awesome!  They were a less active part member family with the part member part of the family getting baptized.  The father who wasn't a member was opposed to have his two boys get baptized at first but as time went on and as he kept going to church he changed his mind and he decided to get baptized with his two boys.  He was planning on doing it when he had time off from his regular work in North Dakota this month and so he was going to be back for this week and wanted to get baptized. So it happened.  It was interesting because since it wasn't able to be announced in church the other Elders had to call all the people up to invite them to it.  But the baptism went well.  I had the chance to do interviews with the father and the 11 year old son (the other boy was 8 and so had to be interviewed by the bishop) and they both had a pretty awesome grasp of the Gospel.  But I did them when I was sick so I just wish I was healthier but it still went well regardless.  But that was a pretty good thing that happened this week.  

We saw Felicia last Tuesday and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson and that went well.  She still wants to get baptized on the 15th and she was asking us about specific times and so we will start discussing that tomorrow with her!  It's so exciting!  The speaker on Saturday was pretty good.  I was still sick but I managed to get a lot of good stuff out of it.  This week on Wednesday we are getting Ipad minis! It's going to be so awesome to teach with Ipads!   I don't know too much about what they're going to be like although I can only imagine that they'll be pretty locked down.  (So no angry Birds for missionaries :P)  Anyways yea that's pretty cool.  That's pretty much what's going for this week!  I can't believe that this transfer is already half way over it's just going too fast too quickly!   Hopefully it will start warming up again soon!  I'm sick of single degree weather!  

Another thought to ponder . . .

"Faith empowers us to see the invisible
embrace the impossible, 
and hope for the incredible."



No comments:

Post a Comment