Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Saturday, October 25, 2014


Heather and Andrew Jonas's baptism!!!


25 November 2013

This week was pretty interesting to say the least.  I feel like I say that a lot but I mean that this time!   So Jacob Norris is becoming normal again after we met with him like three times this week.  He's also opening up to us a lot as well which is pretty cool.  He's had a really hard life and he's only 15.  His mom has cancer and his dad was killed a few years back so I imagine it must be pretty hard on him so we will keep meeting up with him.  He's also doing missionary work in his area so it would be a good idea for now at least to keep meeting with him.  We also met with Rachel Ax again on Wednesday and Friday this time.  She is also opening up a lot although she didn't come to church last Sunday because of work.   But we will keep meeting with her.  Hopefully she will break up with her boyfriend and that would do her a lot of good. Also we met with Michael and he's still on track to get the Melchizedek Priesthood which is cool.  On Thursday we went to the court case of one of our recent converts Shawn who the missionaries had lost contact with for months.  We found out that he was in jail on Tuesday and then was able figure out that his trial was Thursday so we went and watched it.  I don't know what the heck happened but he was found not guilty and was let out and then came to church on Sunday!  Yea!!!  We will probably go and see him sometime this week most likely.  He also met with the Bishop too to get things figured out and he's no longer living with his girlfriend which makes things easier. Let's see on Saturday I was able to attend and give a talk on Baptism at Heather and Andrew Jonas's Baptism!!!  I'm so glad I was able to go I will upload a picture below.   And perhaps the best news of the week, on Sunday we had this lady come up to us in the ward and she was like how would you guys like to have three baptisms.  I was like sure!  And she said that her husband has given permission for her 3 daughters to get baptized before the end of the year so we will be going through the lessons with them.  They are 14, 10 and 8 so they will not be traditional lessons but we still go through the doctrine.  We meet with them this Wednesday.  Also we finally are meeting our investigator that's come to church every week since I've been here on Wednesday evening.  Also we met contact with an investigator the fell off the face of the earth and will HOPEFULLY be seeing him Tuesday along with another less active family that my companion doesn't like but I still would like to see them.  Anyways this week should hopefully go well I'm praying!  I'm really starting to crank up the exercise routine and it really makes a big difference in how I feel during the day.

Also, this week we're supposed to get a lot of snow and last Saturday we almost rear ended a honda civic because of black ice.  Ice makes everything really really fun especially when driving a two wheel 2013 Chevy Cruise. ( I love this car btw ha ha) Anyways I know God has looked out for me several times now with this dangerous weather on the road when I should have gotten into a wreck.  We really need everyone’s prayers.






Andrew and Heather Jonas

"God gives his harshest battles to His fiercest warriors!"

"So blessed to have the three elders who guided us on this journey.  Elder Kelly,
Elder Jones, and Elder Fierros.  I am forever grateful for the support (even
at weird hours) and help.  The baptism was wonderful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment