Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Monday, October 27, 2014


Training at Peter Whitmer Farm

5 May 2014

This week was kind of interesting.  To start off I got to go to the Peter Whitmer farm for training Tuesday which was pretty exciting.  I hadn't been able to really go get a tour of it since I went to the sites with my home stake 6 years ago.  So it was pretty cool to finally get to go and check it out.  We helped move a recent convert that actually lived in our apartment complex on Friday and what was supposed to be a 1 hour move ended up turning into a 6 hour one.   The other Elders in the district had bike problems so we had to drive them over to the bike zone place and get their bikes fixed.  One thing for sure is that over the course of the mission I have learned a lot more about bikes than I did before and that they are a lot more complicated than they look and expensive.   Also we got this thing set up where we can go and give church tours to people so we are hoping to make it a community thing where they can come and see what it's like in the church building.  

I'm so stoked that I get to call home on Sunday.  It's the last time I get to do that.  It's so crazy.   


Peter Whitmer Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment