Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Monday, October 27, 2014


Transfers came and went

7 July 2014

Transfers came and went.  And I'm here to stay for another but I got a new companion and his name is Elder Bennett.  He's a pretty cool guy!  Pageant is this week and I wish I could go but unfortunately I live in an area that’s the furthest possible place from Palmyra so unless I can find a ride for Thursday I probably won't be able to go.  Also our mission president is getting more strict on pageant and the rules for it this year is that you can only go once by your self and you can go two more times only with an investigator and you have to have someone take you each time so I doubt that anyone is going to be going to see the dress rehearsal but I hope we can go at least 2 times hopefully on Friday. And maybe Tuesday.  But it will all work out.  

The 4th of July went okay.  We were going to go with the Elders to this really awesome recently reactivated part-member family's house with the other Elders but the Zone leaders came down instead (even though they aren't supposed to leave their area). So that was upsetting BUT there is a silver lining.  We decided to go to the beach to watch some fireworks and while there we ran across the girl that fell in love with my previous companion.  Surprisingly though she came up to us and she said how church was awesome so she's still interested too which is awesome!  Hopefully she won't fall in love with any of us lol.  With the good though there comes the bad.  On Saturday we were hanging up pageant flyers in this town called Eden and we went to this Chinese food place to ask if they would hang it up and so they said they would.  When we went back on the street again this guy came up and asked if we were Jehovah Witnesses and we were like no we're Mormons and then we had like an hour long discussion where unfortunately I yielded to the temptation of Bible bashing.  I was doing so good too!  But this guy was really irritating me a ton and was getting all up in me and my companion’s face.  I heard all the same anti stuff before so I got kind of bored with it.  Especially the born again anti's.  They repeat all the same things.   But we repented of it so we could get the spirit back.  I guess also we were just super tired because we got up like 2 hours earlier to go on a temple trip but no one was there.  I guess it got canceled without us knowing of it so yea I just ran out of patience.  Elder Bennett is a good guy.  He did a test mission in Ogden before coming out here to see if he could handle a mission and so he's really gun hoe and ready to work so we'll tear it up here!  I'm just glad that the 4th of July weekend is done as that made it a lot harder to talk to people. 


Elder Wyatt Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment