Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Monday, October 27, 2014


Message from Heather Jonas

10 June 2014 
Facebook posting

"This book has changed my life.  Two amazing missionaries, Elder Kelly and Elder William Jones, helped guide me to this book and I am forever blessed now!"




Pretty interesting week

9 June 2014

This week went pretty interesting.  To start off we were doing community service at the CCC (Cattaraugus Community Center) on the reservation.  We were pulling weeds and stuff like that and as we were doing that some native guy came up and starting saying all kinds of things like how white people are destroying his culture and how Mormons are destroying everything.  He didn't really make any sense so it was kind of funny but my first native American anti!  So epic!  I didn't really want to say anything as I know that hostile people are usually the biggest waste of time ever (Back in Spencerport days I had a conversation with a born again anti for three hours.  It didn't really do anything productive).  

We also went to a beehive presentation that a member was doing and it was pretty cool how bees work and how organized the beehive is as a whole.  The bees were interesting too in that they didn't seem to care that we were right next to their hives and we could pick up the lid of the hive and they won't sting you at all.  I also didn't realize that the male bees (called drones) don't have stingers and don't really do any work at all in the hive apart from fertilizing the queen bee's eggs.  It was pretty informative.  

Wednesday I went on exchanges with the Gowanda Elders.   Thursday we went on splits with some of the members to help them with their home teaching.   On Friday something pretty funny happened. Our investigator who came to church last week messaged my companion and said she was in love with him.  So he pretty much wrote an epistle to her and said how missionaries can't do any of that stuff on the mission and stuff like that.  But it's pretty awkward I don't know what we are going to do with her now lol.  On Saturday we helped this pretty awesome recent convert family move cement bags down into their basement so that was a pretty good work out.  On Wednesday I finally managed to catch a whole thing of brush and green wood on fire!  I felt accomplishment as a pyromaniac.

I can’t believe it. This transfer is already halfway through already.  It's crazy.  Time flies so fast now it's nuts!  



June 2014




with Elder Tyler Powers


Elders Powers, Allen, Jones, and 


Elders Powers, Ipson, ???, and Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment