Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Monday, October 27, 2014


24 February 2014

Well transfers came and went and I'm here to stay another transfer with Elder Ipson!   This past week I went on exchanges with the other Elders in the district and had a pretty cool thing happen.  I was in the other Elders’s area (they have the northern part of Greece and the northern part of the city of Rochester called Charlotte which is strangely pronounced ch (as the sh in ship, shot shook) -ar(as in car far and bar) and lotte(as in parking lot).  Yea New York people pronounce things weirdly.  like they say Chili as ch-(as in chop, charge etc) i (as in I, eye) and li as in (lie).  Anyways back on topic.  So Kodak Park is the southern part of Greece.  And so I was in their area with Elder Hales and he was like okay we are going to go and see if we can do some service in the morning and then go and find some people later on in the day when they are home which makes a lot of sense.  But the person had to move their service back and we had an appointment that was going to come up soon and we only had like 15 to 20 minutes to go do something.  So I was like ummm I don't want to go in and waste that much time.  What shall we do?   Well in their area book they had a list of people that they were planning on calling and so I went first and called one of the first people in their area book and they actually picked up at 10:30 in the morning!  I was like sweet. Anyways I talked to them and they said they were still interested in meeting with missionaries and that they had lost contact with the missionaries before because she had gotten pregnant and had some complications arise from it and that that had caused them to lose contact.  I was like so would you like to meet this week and she was like sure and I set up the appointment on Thursday.  Elder Hales was like super excited.   But then she said I also have moved too but I'm still in the same area. I end the conversation on the phone and then we both plug the address into the GPS and she lives apparently right next to the border line of both of our areas and we drive over and she lives just 4 homes into Kodak Park's area!  

So going on exchanges into their area I got a new investigator into mine and Elder Ipson’s area.  It was pretty funny and cool too.  It shows the importance that no matter what time of day it is, someone is still ready to hear and talk about the Gospel and that we should never waste any of the precious time that we get as missionaries as this is only a once in a life time opportunity.  Anyways I thought that was a pretty cool experience.  

The other Elders are losing their car so we will probably be having to drive them around a lot more now so we will probably have to be a lot more tighter on miles.  I'm gonna see if we can both share the car as that would be good if we could have alternating days of one pair of Elders biking and one driving.  But I don’t know if that's allowed so it will be interesting.  Sister Joroleman a less active that we are working with is doing really well.  She didn't make it out to church unfortunately but she is getting closer to being free of her addiction to cigarettes.  Rachel Ax the recent convert that I went to the sites with a couple of months ago dropped us.  It's kind of sad but hopefully we'll get her back!!!!  Nothing else too major happened this week. We are going into a finding mode and are trying to see every single less active on the directory which will be a hard but not impossible task but one that takes a lot of time. There are some people on it that haven't lived at that address for like 5 years so it needs to be fixed and updated.  



A foursome visit Seneca Park Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment