Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord

William James Jones has been called to serve a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ ofLatter-day Saints in the New York Rochester Mission from November 2012 to November 2014.





Saturday, October 25, 2014



Reflecting on Spencerport - looking forward to good worksin Kodak Park

4 November 2013

This week was certainly very interesting as most of it was spent indoors. I got pretty sick and then got my companion sick so until now I haven't been able to get out of the apartment since Wednesday.  So yea kind of a little stir crazy ha ha.  But the couple of days that we were able to work, things went well.  We were able to go see a lot of less actives and recent converts.  This is the first time since Freedom that I've had to work with so many recent converts.  I actually really like it because I hate to see when recent converts go inactive.  But hopefully this week things will go well and we will get a lot of work done!  In my last area Heather Jonas who we had scheduled a baptismal date for on the 23rd of November is still going strong and her husband is also now planning doing that as well.  Also another investigator that we found in Spencerport called Noel went to church last week and is scheduled to have her baptism on the 30th of November.  Yea Spencerport is going crazy and I'll for sure be attending those baptisms.

I'm praying that this week the work goes well and that we will have success in finding people because the winter is coming and it makes work a lot harder as people aren't usually outside and don't really want to open their door to talk to you.  Although if it snows we will for sure be shoveling people's driveways.  People love it when we do that.  

Keep us in your prayers that we will have success here in Kodak Park and I for sure will take some photos of the "ghetto" parts of our area this week if we go in them.  If you search Driving Park Avenue in Rochester right before you get to Maplewood Park on Google Maps and you'll see what I'm talking about.  And pay close attention to the homes like at the windows and doors and stuff.  It's actually really interesting because before Kodak went bankrupt this part of town was really nice back in the day.  But now all those homes are falling apart and are split into apartments.  Yea walking down that street is always exciting and people are usually willing to talk to you or aren't lol.  That's mostly it for this week.   Please keep us in your prayers.

Oh and I almost forgot.   I've been out for a year this week on Thursday!!   It's so insane that I've been out this long.

No comments:

Post a Comment